Saratoga and Washington Counties this afternoon

scottjstoner

This afternoon, January 30, Denise and I birded the farmlands of Northumberland in Saratoga County; highlights include a flock of 500 - 1,000 snow buntings near the intersection of King Rd and Homestead Rd, and an adult Bald Eagle and about 30 Am. Goldeneye in the river from Harris Rd.

Moving on to Washington County, in the Fort Edward grasslands we had two short-eared owls (one carrying a vole and being harassed by another), several harriers and red-tails, and a flock of Common Redpolls.

Scott Stoner, Loudonville