Sandhill Cranes on the Mohawk

gregg_recer

currently in view, roughly the same spot east of the klamr about a quarter-mile or so. first viewed from the parking area across from the klamr, looking down the channel.
they are tucked into the vegetation on the north edge of the channel
--
gregg recer
malta NY

gregg_recer

one clarification, if my mention of the parking lot across from klamr was potentially ambiguous -- I meant the canalway trailhead parking on the water opposite the end of clamsteam rd (not the klamr lot at the edge of the road). The roost location is essentially adjacent to a very wide pulloff on the south side of canal (beach - online maps & signage do not agree) rd. There's a very large cottonwood with a big splotch of blue paint on the bottom of the trunk that practically marks the viewing spot.

--
gregg recer
malta NY

gregg_recer

it was really dark for phots when I was there this evening, but this little bit of video did ok:

<iframe allow="fullscreen" allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="1280" height="720" src="https://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/11264591146_kSmmQg5?width=1280&height=720&albumId=71512071&albumKey=nmPqm8"></iframe>

--
gregg recer
malta NY

gregg_recer

sorry, that didn't work; this link should:

https://gmr05.smugmug.com/Other/Video-shares/i-kSmmQg5/A

--
gregg recer
malta NY

trwdsd

The two Sandhill Cranes in Halfmoon just flew out from the roost location and headed eastward down the river (7:20am Saturday 12/4).

Tom Williams
Colonie