Topics

RT Hummingbird Feeding times

Scott Varney

I was just reviewing an oddly- timed triggering of my home surveillance cameras from yesterday (Sunday). At 1:46 AM, I'm naturally inclined to ask, "What motion would have triggered a recording at that crazy hour?" The "intruder" was a hummingbird, presumably a Ruby-throated Hummingbird, feeding from one of my 4 porch feeders. I had no idea that they would be feeding at this hour of the morning!  Very cool!

Anyone else ever witness late night feeding times such as this for hummingbirds?  I'd love to hear more about others' experiences.

Happy Day,

Scott Varney
Salem, NY