red crossbills - pine bush

gregg_recer

a group of 14 red crossbills right now in the blueberry hill west section of the pine bush preserve. seen along the red/yellow trail segment

Gregg Recer
gregg_recer@...

--
gregg recer
malta NY

Mark Silo

Thank you, Greg. About 1:00 pm there were 10+ working the pitch pines on the dune just north of trail post 38 on the red trail. They eventually flew off to the west.

On Jan 19, 2021, at 9:51 AM, gregg_recer <gregg_recer@...> wrote:

a group of 14 red crossbills right now in the blueberry hill west section of the pine bush preserve. seen along the red/yellow trail segment

Gregg Recer
gregg_recer@...

--
gregg recer
malta NY

scottjstoner

none found around 2:30. Did have a pileated and 13 black vultures. Scott Stoner,.Loudonville

Thank you, Greg. About 1:00 pm there were 10+ working the pitch pines on the dune just north of trail post 38 on the red trail. They eventually flew off to the west.

On Jan 19, 2021, at 9:51 AM, gregg_recer <gregg_recer@...> wrote:

a group of 14 red crossbills right now in the blueberry hill west section of the pine bush preserve. seen along the red/yellow trail segment

Gregg Recer
gregg_recer@...

--
gregg recer
malta NY

David Halm

I think I had 2 flyovers around 3:30 at the red/yellow trail junction. And the black vulture count was up to 23 by then.

David Halm