Purple Finch wave

gregg_recer

the purple-palooza wave that people were describing around albany over the weekend has now reached exit 12 -- we had 2 yesterday, and at least 9 at feeders this morning.

--
gregg recer
malta NY

zach schwartz-weinstein

I had several at Five Rivers this morning, as well.

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 8:01 AM gregg_recer <gregg_recer@...> wrote:
the purple-palooza wave that people were describing around albany over the weekend has now reached exit 12 -- we had 2 yesterday, and at least 9 at feeders this morning.

--
gregg recer
malta NY

Alan Mapes

Exit 14 as well - we had at least 5 this morning.

Alan Mapes
Saratoga

On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 8:01 AM gregg_recer <gregg_recer@...> wrote:
the purple-palooza wave that people were describing around albany over the weekend has now reached exit 12 -- we had 2 yesterday, and at least 9 at feeders this morning.

--
gregg recer
malta NY

gregg_recer

to add to the finch-fest, we just had a group of over a dozen red crossbills drop into the yard for drink and bath at our ornamental pond. They have been doing that sporadically for many weeks now, although I was wondering if they had finally vacated as the last time here was 15 days ago.

--
gregg recer
malta NY