Topics

Purple Finch - Saratoga

Alan Mapes

We had one female purple finch around noon time today at our feeders. She did not really feed that I could see, but sat on top of a feeder quietly as the goldfinch hoard swirled around her.

Alan Mapes
Saratoga

scottjstoner

we also had one female at our feeders, yesterday and the day before, but not today. Scott and Denise, Loudonville

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/23/20 13:19 (GMT-05:00)
To: HMBirds <hmbirds@groups.io>
Subject: [hmbirds] Purple Finch - Saratoga

We had one female purple finch around noon time today at our feeders. She did not really feed that I could see, but sat on top of a feeder quietly as the goldfinch hoard swirled around her.

Alan Mapes
Saratoga

Barb, Rod and Jill

We’ve had purple finches in our yard in Schoharie County for weeks. Some house finches too. Many on this snowy day.

Barb Palmer

Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 2:39 PM
To: Alan Mapes ; HMBirds
Cc: hmbirds@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Purple Finch - Saratoga

we also had one female at our feeders, yesterday and the day before, but not today. Scott and Denise, Loudonville

Alan Mapes
Saratoga

Nancy Castillo

We have had 16 Purple Finches enjoying the safflower seed on a snowy day in western Saratoga County. 1300ft elevation.

Nancy

From: hmbirds@groups.io [mailto:hmbirds@groups.io] On Behalf Of scottjstoner via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2020 2:40 PM
To: Alan Mapes <alanmapes@...>; HMBirds <hmbirds@groups.io>
Cc: hmbirds@groups.io
Subject: Re: [hmbirds] Purple Finch - Saratoga

Alan Mapes

Saratoga

birderlarry

We have a male and female at our feeder today - currently actively feeding along with a WTSP, SOSP, HAWP, DOWP, RBWP, AMGO, and many juncos. 
Larry Federman 
Palenville, Greene County

On Mar 23, 2020, at 2:39 PM, scottjstoner via Groups.Io <ScottJStoner@...> wrote:

Alan Mapes
Saratoga