Purple finch

Eric Molho

I was pleasantly surprised by 8 male an 3 female purple finch occupying my backyard feeder this afternoon.
Eric
Delmar

Tristan Lowery

It's ten fewer than what Eric reported, but a male Purple Finch was singing from the oak outside my office window this morning, about a half a mile from the Delmar border (as the finch flies). He looked interested in the feeders below, but I'd taken all the tube feeders down for cleaning and the platform feeder was being occupied by a gray squirrel.

Tristan Lowery
Albany