Topics

One day not here, the next, there they are! eBird Report - Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, May 4, 2020

Ronald Harrower

´╗┐Bog Meadow Brook Nature Trail, Saratoga, New York, US

May 4, 2020 6:40 AM - 8:45 AM
Protocol: Traveling
1.2 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: Arrived with a fair amount of sun and cool temps, and in the short time I was there, it became cloudy and the wind picked up. It was still great to have birds that I did not see or hear yesterday or the day before, suddenly in our area. Migration is remarkable!
43 species

Canada Goose 8 1 pair was making quite a ruckus in the pond near the bench.
Wood Duck 2
Mallard 1
Mourning Dove 7
Virginia Rail 3 2 were quite vocal near the bench and wider walkway. The other was closer to the entrance
Ring-billed Gull 1
Red-shouldered Hawk 1 I heard it a couple of times and saw it fly over the trail when I was near the "rich people's spur"
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 4
Downy Woodpecker 1
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Least Flycatcher 1
Eastern Phoebe 1
Great Crested Flycatcher 3
Yellow-throated Vireo 1 great to hear that raspy three eight, three eight!
Warbling Vireo 1 First bird I heard when I got out of the car
Red-eyed Vireo 1
Blue Jay 2
American Crow 1
Black-capped Chickadee 5
Tufted Titmouse 3
Tree Swallow 2 fighting
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1
House Wren 1
Carolina Wren 1
Gray Catbird 1
Eastern Bluebird 1
American Robin 9
American Goldfinch 6
Chipping Sparrow 2
White-throated Sparrow 5
Song Sparrow 4
Swamp Sparrow 7
Red-winged Blackbird 16
Brown-headed Cowbird 2
Rusty Blackbird 9 perhaps more. I could hear their melodious cacophony in the marshy forest past the boardwalk.
Common Grackle 8
Yellow Warbler 2
Pine Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 11