Olive-Sided Flycatcher and Brown Thrashers

rob snell

After Susan’s post on her success at the Boice Park, I decided to visit it this morning. I walked it with my sister and brother-in-law, who donated property to the park, and help maintain the trails. In addition to most of what Susan saw, I was lucky to hear a Brown Thrasher singing in the brambles near the stream. Another presented itself, uncharacteristically, at the top of a tree a little further. Most notably, however, was an Olive-Sided Flycatcher asking for a “Quick Three Beers“ not far from the first thrasher. He was perched clearly at the top of a dead tree near the Kayaderosseras singing.  I will be bringing my ALL groups there on Tuesday and Thursday next week.