Northumberland Field Birds

jhershey2

I checked some of the usual fields in Northumberland this afternoon for field birds. I found none on Williams Ln., Stonebridge, Callahan, or River Rd., but there continues to be a spectacle at Homestead and King Rds. I would estimate 1000 birds, mostly all Snow Buntings and just a few Horned Larks.  I scanned the flock with the scope for awhile but could not find any Lapland Longspurs but now after carefully examining my pics I see 1 or 2 in many of the pics.  I posted 3 pics below.  There are some longspurs in the pics but they may be hard to see.

John H.