Topics

Normanside Drive near Normanskill Fishing Access Site Albany

Cynthia Edwardson

Continuing flock of about 40 Red-winged Blackbirds hanging out on Normanside Drive off of New Scotland.  They've been there off and on all winter.  Feeders nearby.  Today they were singing.  Nearby were two Common Grackles.  FOY for me.  Heard a Song Sparrow singing too.  Spring is getting closer!

Even more exciting was spotting at least 3 Red Crossbills in our backyard on Highfield Lane in Albany, this am.  They were on the ground checking out pine cones and didn't stay long.  At least one immature. New yard bird for us.

Cindy Edwardson