Topics

New arrivals in Charlton

Ellen

I paid an early morning visit to Galway Nature Preserve on Saturday, where the highlight for me was finding a Black-Throated Blue Warbler – my first warbler of the season!

This morning (Sunday) a walk in my neighborhood yielded some other great birds, including two male Yellow Warblers competing for territory, Common Yellowthroat, multiple Gray Catbirds and singing Field Sparrows, Tree Swallows, and two Bobolinks, which was a big surprise – usually they arrive here a little later in the month.  I also flushed a Ruffed Grouse as I walked along the road.

Good birding!

Ellen P.

West Charlton