Mourning warbler, Great Dune

zach schwartz-weinstein

This morning, in the great dune section of the Albany Pine Bush Preserve, I found a singing Mourning Warbler at roughly the identical section of the yellow trail to where Tom Williams found the Kentucky Warbler yesterday.  This seems to be a very productive parcel of the pine Bush for skulky migrants!

Over the last few days I have mostly been birding in Washington Park (downtown Albany) where on Wednesday and Thursday I found multiple Tennessee warblers, Blackburnian, and a bay-breasted.  Yesterday morning, besides a magnolia warbler, the only noteworthy find was an Alder Flycatcher, which is a new bird for the park.