Mourning, Blackpoll Warblers, Cuckoos - Vischer Ferry

jhershey2

I spent several hours at Vischer Ferry Preserve this morning mostly birding by ear.  On the dead end trail (past the first pond) that goes west I heard Mourning and Blackpoll Warblers which I did not see but recorded with iphone.  I also heard Yellow-billed Cuckoo there.  Actually from the picnic table at the main entrance I heard Marsh Wren, Northern Waterthrush, and Least Bittern.  Other highlights include Black-billed Cuckoo and a seen Common Gallinule. (For a birder who was coming by in a bicycle this was a lifebird).  I mostly heard most of the species that regularly breed at Vischer Ferry  including the 4 main warblers: American Redstart, Common Yellowthroat, Yellow, and Northern Waterthrush; plus, the empid flycatchers: Least, Alder, and Willow.

I still haven't located the Orchard Oriole that many people have reported now.

John H.