From: "omoo3 via groups.io" <omoo3@...>
Date: July 21, 2020 at 2:46:10 PM EDT
To: MidHudsonBirds@groups.io
Subject: [MidHudsonBirds] White Pelican in Hudson

A White Pelican is hanging out at the north end of the Middle Ground Fats (island) north of Hudson (technically in Greenport), and just downriver from Stockport Flats. Today I observed it from the City of Hudson as preened on the railroad embankment upriver. For a good view upriver, go to the northwest corner of the city to a group of city-owned, dilapidated fishing shacks (next to the wastewater treatment plant), then pull up to the train tracks.

In early August 2011, I found a White Pelican on the Middle Ground Flats immediately opposite of Hudson's state boat launch. A week later it turned up in Cohoes. Same bird? We'll never know.

T. O'Connor