Topics

Louisiana Waterthrushes, Black and White Warbler:I eBird Report - Anchor Diamond Park, May 2, 2020

Ronald Harrower

´╗┐Anchor Diamond Park, Saratoga, New York, US

May 2, 2020 7:15 AM - 11:00 AM
Protocol: Traveling
3.0 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: John H and I met at the Parking lot and donning our requisite Social distancing material, headed into the Park. After Gregg and Cathy's report, I explored with my non-birding partner, Carla last week and went agin on a rainy day during the week, With a beautiful sunny day, and no wing to speak of, John and I had a great opportunity to explore the different habitats some more and encounter ne migrating arrivals. Ovenbird made presence known right away. After noting the good habitat for Louisiana Waterthrush, we finally encountered two near the old house ruins. While looking at the waterthrush, I looked too far and found a quiet Black and White Warbler. Another highlight was a singing Winter wren at close range. Alas, he was backlit, so photos weren't great, but so cool to see such a tiny bird giving it the Ethel Murman treatment.
Will definitely come back for more birding
28 species

Canada Goose 6 flyovers
Mourning Dove 4
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 2