If you're looking for woodpeckers ...

jackieb@...

Vischer Ferry (Ferry Drive) was the place to be this morning. The only regular who didn't show up was Hairy. I was especially delighted to watch a pair of Pileateds investigating a hole in a dead tree. They, on the other hand, we not so delighted when a Starling poked his head out and loudly announced that the place was already occupied! The tiny Downies tapping every so quietly on branches just over my head were quite a contrast to the Flicker who sat on the very top of a dead tree and hammered away for all the world to hear. I think he was in competition with the Red-bellied who called continuously, oblivious to my staring at his majestic red crown shining brilliantly in the morning sunlight. It was a delightful morning indeed!

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/hmbirds