Hummingbird Feeders and Other Visitors

Alan

I have been feeding the hummingbirds for more than 3 decades here. I've only noticed one other species make brief attempts to use the feeder, two visits by Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers. Yet I hear reports of quite a few other visitors, and even know someone who took the feeders down because Red-bellied Woodpeckers had taken over. I wonder if it's a difference in feeder style.

Mine had long been Aspects Hummzingers, with smaller feeder ports in the top. The feeders that were taken over had tubes extending downward at an angle.

I wonder if the folks reporting other species visiting their hummingbird feeders might tend to have the downward style feeding ports?

Thanks and clear skies, Alan