From: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io> On Behalf Of Jeffrey Schoonmaker
Sent: Monday, September 6, 2021 7:16 PM
To: HMBirds <hmbirds@groups.io>
Subject: [hmbirds] Hummers, et al

I've had Ruby-throats daily for a few weeks.  First it was only females.  A few days ago a male finally visited the feeder.

Also hitting up the sweet water multiple times a day are at least 2 male Baltimore Orioles and a couple of Downies.  It's cool to watch the hummingbird approach, see the other birds there, and fly around but not landing on the other side of the feeder.  They often perch nearby waiting for the interloper to leave.  Do any of you have other birds that come to your hummingbird feeders?

One with a distinctly streaked throat showed up one day, obviously different from all the other plain white throated females I was often seeing.  Was it a first year bird?

Jeff