Hudson crossing this morning

gregg_recer

about 2.5 hours walking the Champlain canal trails from Hudson crossing park to Schuylerville was fairly productive this morning. I totalled 40 spp highlighted by multiple warbler foraging flocks. yellow-rumps predominated, but there were several blackpolls, Blackburnian, bt green, 1 identifiable bay-breastfed, and 1 orange-crowned (bright yellow undertail contrasting with paler belly). one spot on the canal trail was apparently the raptor zone. I initially stopped because of am crows mobbing something that turned out to be a very un-impressed red-tailed hawk. while watching, a cooper's hawk flew from across the canal and then a few minutes after the rt departed a merlin came zooming over and then circled back for a better view.

--
gregg recer
malta NY