From: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io> on behalf of Ellen <lnmp@...>
Sent: Wednesday, April 8, 2020 9:18 AM
To: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io>
Subject: [hmbirds] Sapsuckers and more

Yellow-Bellied Sapsuckers are back in my neck of the woods.   The morning chorus today included multiple sapsuckers drumming and calling, as well as vocal Downy and Hairy Woodpeckers, Northern Flicker, Carolina Wren, Eastern Phoebe, Song Sparrow, and Northern Cardinal, to name a few.  Still no kinglets – last year I didn’t see them until late April.

Ellen P.

West Charlton

Dan Leonard

EBird can tell you scientifically, I guess.  But...they returned through Collins Lake, Scotia early last month...

Sent from Dan’s iPhone

On Apr 8, 2020, at 4:32 PM, Brian Smith <brijsmith@...> wrote:

Saw my first Hooded Mergansers of the year on Burden Lake today. Good to that they're back. I'm wondering about timing, if this is about the time they usually come back.

Looking forward to warblers.

Brian Smith
Averill Park