HMBC Field Trip reminders, Sat. April 9 & Sun. April 10

trwdsd

Saturday, April 9EARLY MIGRANTS AT FIVE RIVERS EEC (Albany County; morning) This trip is geared towards novice birders, but all are welcome.

Coordinator: Scott Stoner 518-785-6760 scottjstoner@...

Join us for a morning walk through the varied habitats of Five Rivers as we explore fields, ponds, woodlands, and marshes and look for permanent resident birds and early migrants. Be prepared for wet trails. Meet at 8:00 a.m. in the parking lot at Five Rivers EEC in Delmar.

Map:  hmbc.net/event-4567621

Sunday, April 10, VISCHER FERRY NATURE AND HISTORIC PRESERVE (VFNHP) (Saratoga County; morning)

Coordinator: John Hershey 518-371-3114 hersheyj@...

We will start out on this trip looking for spring waterfowl such as American Wigeon, Green and Blue-winged Teal, Gadwall, Northern Shoveler, Northern Pintail, Wood Duck, Ring-necked Duck, Hooded Merganser, and Pied-billed Grebe. Other possibilities include Virginia Rail, American Bittern, Palm Warbler and Rusty Blackbird.

Meet at 8:00 a.m. at the VFNHP main entrance, at the intersection of Riverview and Van Vranken Rds. in Clifton Park.

Map: hmbc.net/event-4567627