HMBC Field Trip- Dyken Pond Atlasing, Sat., June 26th

trwdsd

Saturday, June 26

DYKEN POND (Rensselaer County; morning)

Coordinator: Julie Hart  julieannhart@...

Join Julie Hart, NYS Breeding Bird Atlas Project Coordinator, for an atlasing walk at the Dyken Pond Environmental Education Center. Many of the trails at Dyken Pond are located in the Taborton NW priority block for the New York Breeding Bird Atlas and pass through a variety of habitats. Help document breeding behaviors of nesting species including warblers, flycatchers, swallows, woodpeckers, and sparrows. Get tips on atlasing and using eBird to enter data. Bring sturdy shoes, binoculars, and your smartphone with the eBird app installed. Be prepared for hiking through forest and wetland on the trails.

This walk will be slower than you may be used to as we will be watching the behaviors of individual birds. We may not get a long list of species, but we hope to witness some interesting breeding behaviors!

Meet at the main parking lot by the education center at 8:00am.

Map:
https://hmbc.net/event-4376184?CalendarViewType=1&SelectedDate=6/21/2021