HMBC Field Trip- Birds 'n' BYO Breakfast @ Five Rivers EEC- Sat., May 22nd

trwdsd

Coordinators: Tom & Colleen Williams  trwdsd@...

This Saturday, May 22nd, Hudson-Mohawk Bird Club's annual celebration of the arrival of spring migrants will be held at Five Rivers Environmental Education Center, located along Game Farm Rd. in Delmar. The center has an excellent trail system through a variety of habitats. You can expect to see and hear many resident and some migrant species, including warblers, thrushes, vireos, and orioles, along with a few waterfowl and herons. A typical year results in about 70 species. Normally this event is held on the second Saturday of May, not the fourth one, but some species are running late this year so perhaps it will all work out for the good.

We will meet in the parking lot at 7:00 a.m. sharp and loop around the property. Plan on doing about 3 miles in three hours. Additional groups that arrive later can bird on their own, and we'll all rally at the pavilion near the parking lot by Game Farm Rd. at 10:00 a.m. for "bring-your-own" breakfast (sorry, next year the club will provide the usual food and drink, and hopefully utilize one of the indoor meeting rooms) and a list compilation. Hope to see you there!

Map: https://tinyurl.com/uuw2xv3w