Great Horned Owl Fledgling at Five Rivers

Barbara Beebe

Noon today, Debra and I spotted a Great Horned Owl Fledgling sitting in the western part of Heron Pond up in the tree where the Great Blue and Egrets have perched this past month.  A kingfisher was trying its best to knock it off the branch.  We had great views including an almost 360 head turn :-).  I went home to get my camera and returned within 1/2 hour to find the Great Blue Heron sitting on the adjacent branch, no owl in sight, and the Kingfisher enjoying its usual water way flights.  Searched but no luck.  Keep your eyes open.
Happy Labor Day.  Barb Beebe