From: Southern Adirondack Audubon Society <programs@...>
To: "stellersjayjohn@..." <stellersjayjohn@...>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2022, 05:59:28 AM EST
Subject: "Winter Waterfowl of Long Island Sound" - In Two Days!

View this email in your browser
January Virtual Program

Wintering Waterfowl of
Long Island Sound

Take a trip to the coast this winter!
There's beauty and birds to see off our coastal shorelines!

Wednesday January 26th, 2022
Starting at 7:00 p.m
.

Register for this program with our partners
at the
Saratoga Springs Public Library.

Click Here to Register!
You might not think to head to the coast during the wintertime, but the coastal landscapes of Long Island Sound are still vibrant and interesting to experience during the solstice season, especially with birds.

The Common Loons we love hearing on summer nights in the Adirondacks and the Grebes and Cormorants that reside in our warmer weather waters, head to the coast and join Eider, Scoter, and other alcids in the open waters of The Sound. Chris Loscalzo will share what these birds look like and offer useful hints about how to differentiate among the various species within a group to get you primed for a winter birding trip to the coast!
Beginning and experienced birders alike will benefit from this program.

A bit about our speaker:
Chris Loscalzo is the immediate past president of the Connecticut Ornithological Association and a past president of the New Haven Bird Club. He is the long-time compiler of the New Haven Christmas Bird Count and the creator of the Mega Bowl of New Haven County that last year became the Mega Bowl of CT. He is the author of several articles on birds and has planted and maintains a native shrub garden in his town to support the local birds and wildlife. He has been birding for nearly 50 years and has led hundreds of field trips in CT and neighboring states over the past several decades. When he is not birding, he is working as a clinical cardiologist for the Yale-New Haven Heart and Vascular Center in and
around New Haven, CT.

See you this Wednesday eve!
Facebook page
Website
Instagram
Email
Copyright © 2022  All rights reserved.
Southern Adirondack Audubon Society, Inc. - 501(c)(3 )Non-profit

Our mailing address is:
Southern Adirondack Audubon Society, P.O. Box 5044, Saratoga Springs, NY 12866

This email was sent to stellersjayjohn@...
Southern Adirondack Audubon Society · PO Box 4076 · Queensbury, NY 12804 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp