FW: RE:[nysbirds-l] [cayugabirds-l] Snowy Plover and Common Ringed Plover, Sandy Pond (Oswego Co.)

scottjstoner

FYI

-------- Original message --------
From: "Johnson, Alyssa" <Alyssa.Johnson@...>
Date: 9/14/21 10:19 (GMT-05:00)
To: Jay McGowan <jwm57@...>, Nysbirds-l@..., oneidabirds@..., Cayugabirds-L <Cayugabirds-L@...>, geneseebirds-l <GeneseeBirds-L@...>
Subject: RE:[nysbirds-l] [cayugabirds-l] Snowy Plover and Common Ringed Plover, Sandy Pond (Oswego Co.)

As I understand, just for the sake of giving credit where credit is due: Sarah Forestiere an SCA/NYS Parks Piping Plover Steward was the first to put eyes on the bird. She then asked Matt Brown for confirmation that it was not a Wilson’s but in fact a Snowy. Sarah is a personal friends and was a student at Finger Lakes Community College when I worked there several years ago. She is a budding conservationist who is ecstatic about this sighting and the experience as a whole.

--

Alyssa Johnson

Environmental Educator

315.365.3588