five rivers this morning

scottjstoner

Seven birders on the HMBC trip in a light steady rain, chilly 40s. At the Five Rivers EEC, in Delmar, Albany County.

thirty species including Eastern Towhee, Northern Rough-winged Swallow, Belted Kingfisher (all new for the year here, I think). Killdeer on the roof of the visitor center, 2 pairs of wood ducks, Canada geese nesting.

Scott Stoner, Loudonville NY

Robert S Pastel

We birded yesterday evening at 5 Rivers during the break of good weather.  We had an owl north of Skeeter Bowl, but very muffled, we think it was great horned.  Had that kingfisher.

This morning, hermit thrush in the back yard of our Albany City home, also white throated sparrow.

This morning at Normanside Farm, 2 kestrels, 1 pileated, 1 flicker and a red bellied woodpecker.

Robert S. Pastel