Evening Grosbeaks and Returning Birds

Alan

I had 4 and then 6 Evening Grosbeaks here from April 29 to May 2. They then disappeared and I figured they'd headed north once the winds died down. But this morning I have four Evening Grosbeaks again, two males and two females.

A pair of Rose-breasted Grosbeaks have been here for about a week and a pair of Baltimore Orioles showed up soon after, the male one day and the female the next. They are big fans of my relatively new suet feeder (vertical, two cake capacity, with long "tail").

I added a window hummingbird feeder to their opportunities and a male quickly took advantage of it. Nice to just look to my left, while sitting at the desk, and see Mr. Ruby-throat enjoying some sweets less than 3-feet away. A fun addition added last year.

Clear skies, Alan
Glenville