Topics

eBird Report - Saratoga Lake, May 1, 2020

Ronald Harrower

Begin forwarded message:

From: ebird-checklist@...
Date: May 4, 2020 at 3:24:47 PM EDT
To: rharrower@...
Subject: eBird Report - Saratoga Lake, May 1, 2020

Saratoga Lake, Saratoga, New York, US
May 1, 2020 3:51 PM
Protocol: Incidental
Checklist Comments:     I had been reading 3 different birds' comments about seeing Caspian Terns on Saratoga Lake in the past three weeks. I kept checking either on the way to somewhere else, or as a mission unto itself. I finally found 1 at the Water's Edge Condo beach and 5 more on the dock near construction next to the Rte 9P bridge over the North end of Saratoga Lake/ beginning of Fish Creek. Very exciting to see them at last.
2 species

Ring-billed Gull  3
Caspian Tern  6     There have been up to 9 seen by people recently. I have photos of up to 4 at a time.

View this checklist online at https://ebird.org/checklist/S68399933