From: John Kent <k2ent76@...>
To: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io>
Sent: Sat, Nov 27, 2021 1:23 pm
Subject: [hmbirds] Eagles attacking geese

Two days in a row at Henry Hudson Park in Selkirk I have seen adult Bald Eagles attempting to prey on Canada Geese. Yesterday there was a lone goose on the water and a single eagle repeatedly went after it, circling around at least seven times and trying again. The goose finally managed to fly off when the eagle was going away from it. Today the pair of eagles were both going after one goose on the water. The goose was diving completely underwater to evade them. Eventually it took off and flew out of sight with both eagles in hot pursuit.

John Kent
Selkirk