Topics

continuing finches

zach schwartz-weinstein

Early this morning I found seven or so Pine Grosbeaks continuing behind the Queensbury Middle School.  While I was watching them, a group of 19 Snow Buntings set down in the back of the parking lot for a bit.  The White-winged crossbills at Pineview (or Pine View, depending on whether you are paying attention to eBird or Google) were also reported this morning, though I didn't have time to check on them.  Photos here https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S78555450

This afternoon we visited the continuing redpoll flock behind Chris's Coffee Services at the Albany International Airport.  I didn't have much time to look through the flock, but had no obvious hoaries.  Photos here: https://ebird.org/atlasny/checklist/S78590657