Common Redpolls- Lions Park,Niskayuna

Cynthia Edwardson

Chris and I walked along the Mohawk-Hudson Bike Trail from Lion's Park in Niskayuna this morning.  The trail is cleared for some distance so easy walking.  We saw at least 9 Common Redpolls feeding in a tree and then flying off, not far from the parking area.  20 species total including one skulky red-winged blackbird.  Most of the water areas are still iced over. We put our sightings in eBird if interested.

On our way home, we saw our FOY Turkey Vulture flying over the Normanskill Fishing Access site, Slingerlands (just before Albany).  This might be the same bird spotted in Delmar yesterday.

Cindy and Chris Edwardson