Common Nighthawk et al

Brian Smith

Good morning,

Saw a common nighthawk over Burden Lake yesterday early evening. I've seen them in early spring over the lake over the past few years.

Also had spotted sandpiper, bald eagle, mallards. Buffleheads might all be gone at this point. The lake shore is very reliable for great crested flycatcher at the top of the treeline, I heard several, but didn't see one. Was hoping to find migrants, but didn't see any.

Thanks to those who got us a chance to see a cerulean over the weekend at Schodack State Park Riverside campsite. That was a FOL for me and was especially gratifying!

Brian Smith
Averill Park