Clay colored sparrow at Truax trail - please stay on marked trail.

scottjstoner

Neil Gifford, Director of Conservation at the Albany Pine Bush, asks that people stay on the marked trail in the area of the Clay colored sparrow at the Truax trail (#12).

Neil says that the male bird appears to be attempting to establish a territory and attract a mate. As unsuccessful as he may be, the Pine Bush asks that folks please stay on the marked APB trail, to increase his chances.  The entire area is also endangered species habitat – one more reason to remain on the trail unless you have a NYSDEC or USFWS permit.

I will also add that one of the best ways to avoid ticks is to stay in the center of the sandy trails, as ticks are present on off-trail vegetation.

Thanks so much -Scott Stoner, Loudonville NY