Topics

Clay-colored Sparrow

Richard Guthrie

Thanks to Cathy and Greg’s directions, I was able to find the Clay-colored Sparrows -yes plural. I heard at least two from opposite directions at the same time. See Gregg ‘s earlier post. It would be best to approach Dingman Road by way of Salt Springville Road since the Town is working on Dingman and it is officially closed. The bird I saw best was singing from a White Pine sapling on the north side of the mowed field.

There’s no need to go off the road since the birds can be seen and heard well from the road.

The nice lady in the mobile home across the road is very friendly and fun to chat with. I promised her a nice cold ice tea next time I visit. Beat me to it if you get there sooner.

Rich Guthrie
NewBaltimore
The Greene County
NY