Boice Family Park Note

Susan

After having been contacted by a member who was discouraged by the steep path at Boice and decided to leave, I thought it might benefit the group to describe this site, especially since Rob had a Olive-sided Flycatcher there, and others may want to pursue it. The first time I went, after reading one of Lindsey's posts, I too was surprised by the park. The name would indicate an area with picnic tables and a playground, but there are no amenities except the trails.
The trail at the parking area at 2-10 Creekside Drive, just off Rock City Rd is very steep and leads down to the creek, following it, and then going steeply upward through deciduous woods. Last Friday the entrance to this trail  was obscured by tall plants, some of them stinging nettle. Volunteers keep the paths clear.
Fortunately, there is an alternate access point. If you drive down Creekside Dr you'll come to an area that, if I remember correctly, has a guard rail and a stop sign. Beyond those is a dirt road that looks like it was meant to be a continuation of the development. You can park here and can access the trails from either side. As you face the dirt road, take the road to your right. This is a level trail, and there is a map about a quarter of the mile in. From the map area you can either go straight or turn left to access the creek. If you go right, you'll go back to the area with the steep trail to the parking lot.
Susan Beaudoin

rob snell

Above is a map of the park. The main parking area is just off Rock City Rd.  This area of the orange trail is where the steepness mostly occurs. A better entry is the parking area on Creekside Dr., as Susan mentioned.  From the main entry continue down Creekside, and make the next two right turns. Creekside dead ends, and you can park there.  A nice loop is the blue trail south, then right on the red trail. There is a short steep section as you approach the steam, but it has a rope “railing”.   Hope this helps.

Rob