Boice Family Park

Susan

My sister, Janet, and I went to Boice Family Park in the town of Milton this morning. The parking area is off of Rock City Rd at 2-10 Creekside Dr. This is a lovely, little used park with deciduous forest and shrubby areas along Kayderosseras Creek. Surprisingly, it is not an ebird hotspot. It’s a very birdy place and the paths were alive with bird song. There were 3 Least Flycatchers calling and numerous Scarlet Tanagers, Rose-breasted Grosbeaks, Baltimore Orioles and Yellow-throated Vireos. We had ten warbler species including Blackburnian, Black-throated Blue, Pine, Yellow and Louisiana Waterthrush. Chestnut-sided warblers and Redstarts were everywhere. Wood Thrush and Veery were heard singing, and a male Common Merganser was swimming in the creek. A complete list is included below.

Susan Beaudoin

2–10 Creekside Dr, Rock City Falls US-NY 43.05127, -73.91986
May 21, 2021
7:57 AM
Traveling
3.48 miles
197 Minutes
All birds reported? Yes
Comments: Submitted from eBird for iOS, version 2.5 Build 2.5.14

6 Canada Goose
1 Common Merganser
2 Great Blue Heron
1 Turkey Vulture
1 Broad-winged Hawk
1 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
1 Red-bellied Woodpecker
1 Hairy Woodpecker
1 Pileated Woodpecker
1 Northern Flicker
5 Eastern Wood-Pewee
3 Least Flycatcher
2 Eastern Phoebe
1 Great Crested Flycatcher
5 Yellow-throated Vireo
1 Blue-headed Vireo
5 Warbling Vireo
10 Red-eyed Vireo
2 Blue Jay
1 American Crow
2 Black-capped Chickadee
5 Tufted Titmouse
2 Tree Swallow
3 White-breasted Nuthatch
13 Gray Catbird
5 Veery
7 Wood Thrush
6 American Robin
3 American Goldfinch
11 Song Sparrow
6 Baltimore Oriole -- Three males chasing each other
2 Common Grackle
5 Ovenbird
3 Louisiana Waterthrush
10 Common Yellowthroat
22 American Redstart
1 Blackburnian Warbler
5 Yellow Warbler
23 Chestnut-sided Warbler
1 Black-throated Blue Warbler
1 Pine Warbler
6 Yellow-rumped Warbler
7 Scarlet Tanager
4 Northern Cardinal
6 Rose-breasted Grosbeak

Number of Taxa: 45

trwdsd

Hi Susan,

I read the above and created a hotspot in eBird for the location. Give it 24 hours to update and then you can merge your checklist(s) with the hotspot. Thanks.

Tom W.