Blue-winged Teal - Vischer Ferry

jhershey2

This morning I checked out the west pond at Vischer Ferry Preserve that starts at the Whipple Bridge and goes west along the towpath.  I was not using a scope but duck variety and numbers seemed a little thin.  I counted 3 American Wigeon, 4 Gadwall, 24 Ring-necked Ducks, and 1 Pied-billed Grebe.  As I was leaving I checked the pond a few yards further toward the river and spotted 3 Blue-winged Teal.  These are usually about the last dabbling ducks to appear in the spring.  Also, I heard a few spring peepers.  Still no shovelers.  I attached 3 pics of the Blue-winged Teal below.

John H.