Attack Robin

Donia Conn

Hi Everyone, I have a female robin who has been attacking the screens on our windows for about the last week. Does anyone know why she might be doing this? She sits in the shrubs around the house staring at the screens and then flies at them sometimes landing on them sometimes just flapping. I am not worried about the screens, I am more worried about her. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Donia

Larry & Penny Alden

That sounds like the bird may be seeing its reflection in a window behind the screen. Maybe drawing a curtain across the inside might change the perspective.

Larry Alden

On Apr 26, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Donia Conn via groups.io <bookconservator@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone, I have a female robin who has been attacking the screens on our windows for about the last week. Does anyone know why she might be doing this? She sits in the shrubs around the house staring at the screens and then flies at them sometimes landing on them sometimes just flapping. I am not worried about the screens, I am more worried about her. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Donia

suzy nealon

What about decals for the window?

On Apr 26, 2021, at 12:58 PM, Larry & Penny Alden <overlook@...> wrote:

That sounds like the bird may be seeing its reflection in a window behind the screen. Maybe drawing a curtain across the inside might change the perspective.

Larry Alden

On Apr 26, 2021, at 12:49 PM, Donia Conn via groups.io <bookconservator@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone, I have a female robin who has been attacking the screens on our windows for about the last week. Does anyone know why she might be doing this? She sits in the shrubs around the house staring at the screens and then flies at them sometimes landing on them sometimes just flapping. I am not worried about the screens, I am more worried about her. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Donia

scottjstoner

Suggest you hang some streamers in front of the window