Day 1

Jeffrey Schoonmaker

Happy New Year everyone!

Saratoga Lake, fog and overcast notwithstanding, yielded Ring-necked Ducks, Mallards, Common Mergansers, Hooded Mergansers, Buffleheads, Common Goldeneye, a Lesser Scaup, and a Kingfisher, along with Mallards, Canada Geese, and Ring-billed Gulls.  With very light traffic, we were able to stop right on the road at times which helped.

Not a bad 2022 start for an amateur like me!

Jeff Schoonmaker

Richard Guthrie

A very good list.

With all the variety of species seen today, I wonder what a regional composite list total for today could be.

How close to one hundred?

Rich