waterfowl at Schuylerville and ft Miller this morning

jhershey2

Ron H. and I checked out the Hudson River mainly from the Rt. 4 bridge to north of Fort Miller hoping to find Gregg's ducks from this morning.  We didn't have much time but did find one Long-tailed Duck above the falls.  Right before dark we found a Northern Shrike on Purinton Rd. which is on the west side of the River in Northumberland not far from Fort Miller.  I attached two highly cropped photos of the two birds.

  John H.

gregg_recer

found a cackling goose at Hudson crossing park in Schuylerville - it was with maybe 100 canadas in the canal well upstream of the lock. couldn't find anything else different among the many 100s more canadas near the lock.
In the Hudson along river Rd and ft Miller Rd there were 2 female black scoters near where river Rd meets rt 4, and 2 long-tailed ducks both with groups of common goldeneye. 1 LT was near the south end of river Rd and the 2nd was in the pool above the falls at the north end of the village of ft Miller.

--
gregg recer
malta NY