Scoters - Alcove Reservoir

John Kent

30+ Black Scoters, 4 White-winged Scoters, and a Red-breasted Merganser at Alcove Reservoir spillway as of 3:15 PM. Scope needed.

John Kent
Selkirk

Richard Guthrie

Is it okay to get out and set up a scope there? They used to hassle us for just pulling over to the side of the road

On Oct 27, 2021, at 3:16 PM, John Kent <k2ent76@...> wrote:

30+ Black Scoters, 4 White-winged Scoters, and a Red-breasted Merganser at Alcove Reservoir spillway as of 3:15 PM. Scope needed.

John Kent
Selkirk

John Kent

I park at the church and walk across the bridge, then view from the side of the road opposite the reservoir. I try to get in and out quickly to avoid interactions, but today an AWD employee came by and waved.

John

On Oct 27, 2021 3:41 PM, Richard Guthrie <richardpguthrie@...> wrote:
Is it okay to get out and set up a scope there? They used to hassle us for just pulling over to the side of the road

On Oct 27, 2021, at 3:16 PM, John Kent <k2ent76@...> wrote:

30+ Black Scoters, 4 White-winged Scoters, and a Red-breasted Merganser at Alcove Reservoir spillway as of 3:15 PM. Scope needed.

John Kent
Selkirk

Naomi Lloyd

To complete the set, one Surf Scoter on Snyder's Lake, North Greenbush this evening.

Naomi Lloyd