Vischer Ferry Warblers

jhershey2

The variety of fall warblers at Vischer Ferry is declining but the Yellow-rumps are making up for that in big numbers.  I estimate at least 100 Yellow-rumps along the western towpath this morning.  They were chasing each other, flitting from bushes to trees, and eating poison ivy berries.  I found just 2 other warbler species there.  They can be easily missed if you get bored with all of the Yellow-rumps and stop looking at each one.  I posted 3 warbler pics below.

They are in order: Palm, Yellow-rumped with poison ivy, and Blackpoll.

John H.