HMBC Field Trip reminders- Sat./Sun., Sep. 11th-12th

trwdsd

Saturday, September 11, FALL MIGRANTS AT ALBANY PINE BUSH PRESERVE (Albany County; morning)

Coordinators: Tom and Colleen Williams twill0526@...

We will explore the Karner Barrens East unit (subject to change if habitat management is ongoing), via the "yellow" perimeter trail, and "blue" dune overlook trail. The dune overlook trail has a moderate climb and descent. This is approximately a three mile loop.

Meet at 7:30 a.m. at the Albany Pine Bush Discovery Center parking lot, located at 195 New Karner Rd. (Rt. 155) in Albany. Map and full information at this link:  https://hmbc.net/event-4381052

Sunday, September 12, HUYCK PRESERVE/MYOSOTIS LAKE (Albany County; morning)

Coordinator: John Kent jwkent@...

We will walk the shore of Myosotis Lake looking for migrating warblers, vireos, kinglets, and flycatchers in the shrubby habitat of the Lake Trail. Bald Eagles, all three local falcon species, and several species of hawks have been seen on some of the past years' trips. Depending on the water level, the mudflats at the north end of the lake often host migrating shorebirds. It may be necessary to walk through some mud to get a view, so be prepared. From there we will continue through the woods to Lincoln Pond, where we will check for waterfowl and herons. The total walking distance is around 1.5 miles.

Meet at 8:00 a.m. at New Scotland Town Hall ("Tax Collector" on the map) on Route 85 for carpooling. Parking at Myosotis Lake is limited. Map and full information at this link:  https://hmbc.net/event-4381063