From: scottjstoner via groups.io <ScottJStoner@...>
To: hmbirds@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Aug 17, 2021 9:19 pm
Subject: [hmbirds] cowbirds and redstart in our yard today

this morning Denise and I had a brief stopover of about 50 mostly young brown-headed cowbirds and, separately, one American Redstart in our backyard.-Scott Stoner, Loudonville NY

Sheree

Last fall that would happen on our property; they were bronzed grackles. Incredibly noisy but fascinating. They would usually come through twice a day. Some red-winged blackbirds and brown-headed cowbirds would be tagging along. The grackles, though, reminded me of a scene from Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds. I am hoping they come back again this fall.

Sheree Hipwell

Schodack Landing

"We are asking kids to get hooked on kindness, not killing." Ingrid Newkirk

"When it comes to having a central nervous system and the ability to feel pain, hunger, and thirst, a rat is a pig is a dog is a boy." Ingrid Newkirk

A large flock of grackles just flew in and filled all of our trees.  After a brief conversation (apparently), they all departed.  No idea how many, but for me too many to count.