From: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io> On Behalf Of jhershey2
Sent: Wednesday, May 5, 2021 11:26 AM
To: hmbirds@groups.io
Subject: [hmbirds] Common Gallinule - Vischer Ferry

I made a brief stop at Vischer Ferry Preserve, main entrance this morning.  Walking on the main path after crossing the Whipple Bridge I heard a short call note in the reeds which is very similar to one I heard yesterday.  Then I eventually saw a Common Gallinule.  I posted 2 pics below of this bird.  After listening to the short, recorded "keep" note for Sora and the "keek" for Common Gallinule I believe that the Sora I reported yesterday (based on hearing the short note) is more likely the same Gallinule as today in the pics.  To make it even more interesting I heard a grunt call from a Virginia Rail just like yesterday morning in the same area.

John H.

jhershey2