White-winged Crossbills, Central Park, Schenectady-Yes

David Halm

Yes, I can attest I was there at 8:30 this morning and didn’t see them. Thanks to posts from Neal and others, I went back at 11:00 and there they were!

David

neal.reilly

Hi all,
A flock of at least 12 White-winged Crossbills has been hanging around Central Park in the City of Schenectady.  I went down there this morning about 900am and found them in a grove of White Pines directly across Iroqouis Lake from the red brick park building.  The birds even came down to the ground near a foot path either for grit or fallen pine seeds.  900am to early afternoon seems to be the best time to find them. Thanks to everyone who posted on these great birds!

Neal Reilly