Snow Buntings

Jeffrey Schoonmaker

We explored the dirt roads through farmland off of King Rd - Northway Exit 15, Rt. 50 north, right on King Rd. (Rt. 39), Right onto Route 40 (toward Grangerville), left onto Goff Rd which ends where Starks Knob begins.  A short ways along Starks Knob on the right my wife spotted a flock of Snow Buntings that flew up.  We pulled over and enjoyed them repeatedly flying up and around and landing again at about the same spot.  I walked closer as they were hidden by a shallow rise (knob?) and got a couple of photos (not very good, but a thrill for my own purposes.

Thanks, Susan, for encouraging me to explore the area.  What a success!

Jeff schoonmaker