[EXT] Re: [hmbirds] redpolls continuing behind Chris's Coffee, east side of Albany airport

Jeffrey Schoonmaker

Got the redpolls at Chris' Coffee (thanks!) but there were no small birds at Pine View Cemetery of any special variety at 11:30 a.m. today, undoubtedly due to two Red-tailed Hawks standing guard at the very tops of two large pine trees there.  Rats!  Lucky you, you late afternoon birders!

Jeff Schoonmaker

From: hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io> on behalf of Christopher J. McCarthy via groups.io <mccdelmar@...>
Sent: Saturday, January 2, 2021 4:11 PM
To: ScottJStoner@... <ScottJStoner@...>; hmbirds@groups.io <hmbirds@groups.io>
Subject: [EXT] Re: [hmbirds] redpolls continuing behind Chris's Coffee, east side of Albany airport

EXTERNAL EMAIL: This email originated from a source outside HVCC. Do not click any links or open any attachments unless you trust the sender and know the content is safe.

Great tip!!! 50 still around 4 p.m. ! Thanks.

Sent from my phone. Please excuse typos etc.!

Still at Chris’s coffee. Use your GPS it’s a little out-of-the-way around the east backside of the airport. The flock seems to be about the same size as described and remains skittish. Sometimes around the backside facing the airport and sometimes near the entrance area along the fence near the loading area. If they’re not around when you arrive, hang out a bit. They tend to fly off when the red tail show up or for no clear reason go to other fences nearby